Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kicking



It's so weird to feel the baby kicking. For about a week or two I have been feeling flutters in my stomach and I have not been sure if it was a kick from the baby or just indigestion, but today I knew for sure! I was in the middle of our math lesson, teaching about cents and coins, and all of a sudden, BAM!! I felt a really strong kick. I literally smiled in front of the whole class. One of my students asked me what I was smiling at and I just said "You". I can't explain the feeling I have knowing there is a life inside of me. I know other women experience this all the time, but it's such a beautiful thing when I step back and see the big picture of what is going on. A BABY is growing inside of me.

There is so much that goes into preparing for a baby. What type of bottles, diapers, how long to breastfeed, cribs, strollers, carriers, parenting styles, and Dallas Cowboys gear. It sounds so petty, but it can drive a lady crazy.

I asked a lady who discipled me in college and who is an amazing mother what books she recommended I read and her advice was,
"Love Jesus and HE will make you a great mom. Enjoy that little baby, Jaya. Everyone always says it, but it really does go by so fast. That tiny little bundle will bring out the best - and the worst - in you! :) It's just another amazing way God gives blessing and causes growth all in one cuddly little package. :)"
What great advice. I think I will stick with that. :)

No comments: