Saturday, April 16, 2011
I am teaching our pre-k kids in the morning at North Village Church. I am not the best teacher, I have a hard time connecting with kids and I'm not super creative. But what I know what God has given me is... a heart for children to know who God is. God has given me a desire for kids to know they are loved beyond any type of love from a human, their life has meaning and a purpose, and they are precious and delighted in by God. I am not elegant with my words and often time have difficulty verbally expressing what I am trying to say. But I trust God is using me in my weakness. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Tomorrow the lesson is titled "Wise and Foolish Builders". The verses we are focusing on are Matthew 7:21-23.
"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock, And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and bear on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."
Praying for these kids to understand Who is the Rock. Jesus is the rock and foundation of our lives. We are sinners, dead in our sins, separated from the our loving God. Jesus is God who came to earth, lived a perfect life and died on a cross to be the ultimate sacrifice for ours sins past, present, and future. He conquered death and lives forever. We can experience an unconditional love and forgiveness. We can walk in freedom. "Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:2
What is the Sand. When we don't place our faith in this truth and we are trusting ourselves to fulfill all our needs and doing what we think is best.
When a storm comes in our lives and situations and emotions are spinning out of control, Jesus is our foundation. He will calm the storm and our feet are on solid ground.
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Praying God will use me for His glory.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Can't believe Neela is almost 2 years old! This is such a fun developing time. She is such a sweet girl and we are loving every minute. She is like a little sponge soaking in everything new around her. Disciplining has been a challenge for me. So many times I am so hesitant to spank her but when I do everything changes. (We spank by gently tapping her arm with a wooden spoon. she usually does not cry but knows it means she has done something wrong) Tim is better at being consistent than I am. She knows what "obey" and "disobey" means. So glad he does this.
Here are a few fun facts about Neela this month:
- When we ask her to do something like bring us a book to read to her, throw something in the trash, or clean up she says, "Ok, Mommy"
- When Daddy, Mommy, or Rocky (our dog) are in her space she will push us and say "Go away". (we are currently addressing this. :))
- She likes to feed her doll and my little ponies her food or snacks.
- She randomly during the day will close her eyes and pray a prayer we say together at night.
- She loves when people come over. She gets so excited and is the center of attention. She will show her toys and just run around. It's hiliarious and so entertaining. :)
- During bath time she wants Mommy to sit down on the tub and she will wash my feet and legs. Yes I am pampered by my husband and my daughter! hee! :)
- Her favorite songs right now are: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC, Old McDonald, Jesus loves me, I love you Lord, Good Morning
- She loves all her friends at school and at church. She says, "Yibber Yabber (friend's name inserted here) Yibber Yabber
- She loves telling our dog: "So cute" "Go Away" "Sit" "Eat"
- She is a talker. Neela loves to look you in the eye and just share her heart.... or gossip, not sure which one it is yet. :) But right now I just smile and nod my head.
- She can count to 10 in three languages: english, spanish and hindi. (almost to 20 in english with assistance)
- One day when I picked her up from montessori school, in her classroom she colored a picture of a tomato. She pointed at the picture and said, "Tomato". I said "Good job!" And she said a few things in Neela language, moved her hand around as she talked, cocked her head to the side, crinkled her nose and then said "Apple". HA!! She was saying she thought it looked like an apple! I was laughing my head off!
- I sing, "Go Neela Go Neela Go" and she dances/skips around and says "Go Neela" I laugh so hard I can't breathe.
- POTTY TRAINING!!! She totally took the initiative on this one. One evening she did not have a diaper on, had to go. She said, "Can't hold" so I put her on the potty and that is where it all started!! We made up a song for her after she goes and we give her a cookie. She loves it! Now she can tell us when she has to go potty. We still have a long way to go (bedtime, out in public, school) but it's a start!
She is such a sweetie and blessing. So thankful for the privilege of being her parents!