Friday, April 8, 2011

22 Months


Can't believe Neela is almost 2 years old! This is such a fun developing time. She is such a sweet girl and we are loving every minute. She is like a little sponge soaking in everything new around her. Disciplining has been a challenge for me. So many times I am so hesitant to spank her but when I do everything changes. (We spank by gently tapping her arm with a wooden spoon. she usually does not cry but knows it means she has done something wrong) Tim is better at being consistent than I am. She knows what "obey" and "disobey" means. So glad he does this.

Here are a few fun facts about Neela this month:

- When we ask her to do something like bring us a book to read to her, throw something in the trash, or clean up she says, "Ok, Mommy"

- When Daddy, Mommy, or Rocky (our dog) are in her space she will push us and say "Go away". (we are currently addressing this. :))

- She likes to feed her doll and my little ponies her food or snacks.

- She randomly during the day will close her eyes and pray a prayer we say together at night.

- She loves when people come over. She gets so excited and is the center of attention. She will show her toys and just run around. It's hiliarious and so entertaining. :)

- During bath time she wants Mommy to sit down on the tub and she will wash my feet and legs. Yes I am pampered by my husband and my daughter! hee! :)

- Her favorite songs right now are: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC, Old McDonald, Jesus loves me, I love you Lord, Good Morning

- She loves all her friends at school and at church. She says, "Yibber Yabber (friend's name inserted here) Yibber Yabber

- She loves telling our dog: "So cute" "Go Away" "Sit" "Eat"

- She is a talker. Neela loves to look you in the eye and just share her heart.... or gossip, not sure which one it is yet. :) But right now I just smile and nod my head.

- She can count to 10 in three languages: english, spanish and hindi. (almost to 20 in english with assistance)

- One day when I picked her up from montessori school, in her classroom she colored a picture of a tomato. She pointed at the picture and said, "Tomato". I said "Good job!" And she said a few things in Neela language, moved her hand around as she talked, cocked her head to the side, crinkled her nose and then said "Apple". HA!! She was saying she thought it looked like an apple! I was laughing my head off!

- I sing, "Go Neela Go Neela Go" and she dances/skips around and says "Go Neela" I laugh so hard I can't breathe.

- POTTY TRAINING!!! She totally took the initiative on this one. One evening she did not have a diaper on, had to go. She said, "Can't hold" so I put her on the potty and that is where it all started!! We made up a song for her after she goes and we give her a cookie. She loves it! Now she can tell us when she has to go potty. We still have a long way to go (bedtime, out in public, school) but it's a start!

She is such a sweetie and blessing. So thankful for the privilege of being her parents!

No comments: