Friday, January 29, 2010

8 1/2 months old!!

So this video is totally not as exciting for you as it is for Tim and I. Yes to you it looks like she is just sitting there doing nothing, but to us she is growing, exploring, and becoming more expressive everyday.

She does look so freakin cute!!



Ok, I know I have been totally awful at documenting Neela's life on our blog, but things change from this moment on. :) It's my New Year's Resolution. hee! She is growing so fast and is getting more fun with each passing day. She has been such a joy in our lives. She is 8 1/2 months old!! Wow!! Amazing!!

-We started feeding her solids at 6 months and she loved it!! I made all her baby food myself which has been just a joy to do. It doesn't matter moms if you do or not, but it was just a fun thing for me to do for Neela. She gets so excited when she sees her bowl and just starts flapping her arms hoping she can maybe fly to the food. :) She now is starting to eat a little food off our plates and it's so fun to see her face as she tries new things. She is lovin everything which has made our lives a lot easier.

-We have Neela at a set bedtime around 7:45/8:00pmish and she is out for the night. It's been great for Tim and I have time for ourselves in the evening to talk, read, watch tv, or just go to sleep. :)

-Neela has 2 teeth sprouting through her little gums. She has actually handled it really well. At night through the monitor we can hear her cry a little in her sleep and I think it's just her gums bothering her. But she is a trooper.

-In only week 2 of daycare Neela got in trouble. :) The teacher told Tim she was pulling the other babies hair. Oh my goodness!!! When Tim told me that I laughed so hard and told him I am putting that down in her baby book! :) She is so fascinated with hair. It's hilarious. She asked Tim how we discipline that and up to that point we didn't, so then we knew we couldn't laugh her being intrigued by hair anymore. My nephew, Sanjay, literally puts his head close to her when he sees her so she can pull his hair. So sweet. That is how much she loved doing that. But just to let you know, she has yet to get "in trouble" and is one of the favors at the daycare.

-Neela is not crawling yet, but loves to stand holding the coffee table. She gets so excited and does her "happy screams". It's so adorable.

Ok, so that's it for now. Tim and I have plans that I need to get to, but just wanted to do a quick unedited blog.

More of Neela to come!!! :)

2 comments:

The Sudan Fam said...

gooooo neela!! dominating at daycare!!

Katy Mitchell said...

i just LOVE a baby's laugh! so precious!!