Sunday, February 6, 2011

20 Months Old



I can't believe Neela is 20 months old. What a fun time it has been spending time with her and seeing the world through her eyes. Ok, just to warn you, I am an emotional gal. :) I was telling Tim the other day how sad it is that Neela is no longer a baby, she's a toddler/kid. She has grown so fast. But Tim reminded me that we have embraced and savored every moment with her. We have enjoyed every laugh, every hug, every milestone, and every new word. Whether it's a word we want her to repeat or not. :) I love this stage. Everything is so exciting, even throwing trash away in the trash can. :) (my little helper)

A few cute things she says or does right now:

- Tells our dog Rocky "Bless you" when he sneezes

- (Tim loves this...) When she says Stickers she says "Stickuuurs"

- At night when we lay her down she picks out 2 books to go in the crib with her. So before she goes to bed she reads them and sings the "Elmo's Riding" song. It's so sweet.

- In the morning she usually stays in her crib for a little while just talking to herself or her toys :) and sometimes practices names: Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Nani, Paw Paw, MiMi, Mark, Reese, Josie (her friends from school).

- Also at night when I lay her down, my routine is to rock her for a minute and sing "I love you Lord" and then we say a prayer together. Well, lately I see her randomly squint her eyes (I guess I squint my eyes sometimes when i pray) and say some jibberish and then say Amen. It's so cute.

- Loves animals and her favorite one right now is a duck. She flaps her arms and says "quack, quack"

- She will get on my back and try to peek around my head so I can scare her. (she enjoys the little moments :) )

- All girl: She loves necklaces, bracelets, bows, and purses

- She loves dancing to Kelly Clarkson. She will come to me and say "dance" meaning, go turn on the music so we can get down. :)

Just a small glimpse into the life of my sweet girl! :)

2 comments:

Danny said...

Tim Birdwell is my hero. You rock bro!! Call me sometime.

Margaret said...

Awww... That is so sweet!