Friday, June 3, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date


I know I don't post enough of Daddy/Daughter time on this blog. I need to keep a better log of that! :) Tim does such a great job of spending one on one time with Neela and treating her like the joy and prize she is. He brings her treats home (a few times a week), takes her to the park, introduces her to new things, and even this week took her to a water park all by himself. :) What a man!

Ok, so it was no Schlitterbahn, but it was in her eyes. It's a water park in Round Rock that is perfect for her age. She LOVED it! She loves swimming and can actually do it really well by herself with the arm floaties. She knows she needs to "kick, kick, kick". (it's a song we sing) He also bought her a snow cone after they swam and she loved that sugar!! :) I am so thankful for a man who loves spending time with his little girl and being an expression of God's love to her.

This action is even an expression of love to me because it gives me time to relax by the pool, run errands, or even sit with a good book. It's funny how in our marriage (now being parents) how we express how we love each other. Don't get me wrong, I still love one on one time, hugs, and special treats, but with being parents it can add a challenge in this area at times. Tim knows me so well. I mean, it's to the point he can finish my sentences or when he ask me something he will jokingly say back to me what my response will be. And he's right! We laugh about that. But he knows how I love my alone time and at times it's hard to have this with a sweet little one running around. Thankful for Tim and him loving me well.

No comments: