Saturday, October 22, 2011

Need

Due to me totaling my car a few weeks ago, I have been driving our Honda Odessey van for work. I've really enjoyed this because we have the new Shane and Shane cd in the van and I basically have this cd on repeat. :)

My current favorites are # 6, 7, and 10. To know what these songs are.... you need to buy the cd. :)

Well, I'll tell you number 7 is "Miracle".

This has been the prayer of my heart this week. I need the Lord even more than the air I breathe. I need the Lord every moment of everyday.

This week God has sweetly called me to trust in Him in all circumstances and to rest in the truth that I am a chosen child of God. He is drawing me near to Him daily and I yearn for his presence. Nothing catches Him off guard, He does not sleep or slumber, He knows all. He knows what is going to happen before we do and is using all things for His glory (Romans 8:28). I so often try to please others desiring others approval, "trying" to be a good wife and mother from my own strength, or even change situations I don't have control over. I need the Lord to rest in, to trust in, to be present in my daily life. I don't need to see a dead man come alive or see the cancer go away (phrases from the song), all I need is for Him to fill me up inside or know it will be ok because He is living and active in my life. (Hebrews 4:12)

A sweet friend pointed me to these verses which have been a place of dwelling this week and truth in my life.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds."
Jeremiah 17:7-10


Man, I am thankful I know God is my foundation and rock.

Another friend to these verses:

"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, becuase he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16


I am thankful He alone satisfies. I am thankful that when we call to Him, He answers. I need Him to move in my heart and be present in my life. I don't desire this, but thankful for a gracious, loving God.

A verse I currently have in my car.

"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."
Psalm 143:8


God daily is growing a desire within me, to trust in the Lord's steadfast love for me. To see myself as He sees me, as a child of God, and to live this out in my marriage, as a mom, a friend, co worker, and stranger. Use my circumstances to point others to Him and understand my need for God's presence, power, and love in my life even more than the air I breathe.

1 comment:

The Sudan Fam said...

thanks for sharing your heart, jaya. its encouraging to hear the truth you are clinging to. love yall.