Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cravings

People say every pregnant is different.... it's true. I am currently 27 weeks along and there is definitely no denying I am preggo. :)

With my first pregnancy, I ate so healthy. Not even on purpose, it's just what I craved. I craved spinach, tomatoes, outmeal, tons of water, etc. This pregnancy has been completely different. Both pregnancies I craved hamburgers and fries but this time it is so much more! I can totally eat a burger for every meal and not regret it. I love Mighty Fine Burgers... truly the best burgers ever. They are freshly make, the atmosphere is clean, and they have great fries! ;) This baby is getting some serious nutrious food. :) (sarcasm insert right here)

Here is the website if you are interested: http://mightyfineburgers.com/#/home

Another one of my cravings is chocolate. Yes, this has always been a weakeness of mine, but so much more now. I usually try not to buy extra little things when I go to the grocery store, but not now. I come home every week with a butterfinger, twix, or little debbie cakes. I know!?! Little Debbie Cakes, really!?! I don't think I have purchased those since college. Yes this has become a staple in our home. Neela expects some type of sugar in our home at all times. Not a good habit for me to keep. My teeth are totally going to rot out.

Last but not least, caffeine. Yes I said it. I crave this daily. I did not think about coffee and coke when I was pregnant last time, but that is not the case this time. I just started drinking coffee a few months before this pregnancy so maybe that's why but it's a strong craving. I am always so excited when someone wants to meet at Starbucks or another coffee shop. Yes! Let's do it! :) I do try to limit my intake, but I have been drinking caffeine here and there. I admit it.

My favorte thing about being pregnant is feeling him move around in my tummy. A life, inside me... growing, developing, bonding. What a privilege this is. The other day, Neela and I took a nap together and it was such a sweet moment because here I am laying with my baby girl and inside my tummy my little boy is moving and kicking around. I was having a special moment with both of my kids. A mother of two little ones!

Don't get me wrong, I know life is about to get crazy with two little ones, but I'm ok with that. I have a great husband who is a fabulous hubby, father, and support. Neela would enjoy nothing more than extra time with her Daddy while mommy is feeding or taking care of her brother. She knows Daddy is the fun one who does the crazy activities like plays "superman" with her (he lets her stand on his stomach, holds her hands up and lets her lean forward as he balances her), runs in the sprinkler with her, and tosses her in the air.  I think he's pretty fun too. :) We are praying we are able to embrace the chaos and enjoy this season of life.

We are so thankful for the sweet support we have. Friends have flooded us with baby boy clothes, a mattress, and other baby items. Thankful for everyone's excitement and love toward our little family.

No comments: