Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Perfect Date


We typically don't make a huge deal on Valentine's Day but Tim went over and beyond this year.  We have a sweet friend who offered to watch our kids for free for Valentine's Day so we can have a fun date night.  We decided to celebrate V-day as a family to include our kids with stuffed animals, chocolate and share what we love about each other.  It was really sweet.  

So we had our date night the next evening.  Tim usually plans our date nights so I really just get things together for the babysitter and have a fun evening planned.  It's a great set up. ;)  So Tim told me the plan was bowling and dinner. That sounded great to me.  Any evening out on the town with my man is a treat so I was just excited to be with him.  As we are driving to the bowling alley he informs me we are going to a "new bowling alley".  Once again, he planned the evening so I don't have a worry in the world and not concerned where we are driving.  So we pull up to a parking lot and he parks in front of a massage place.  Tim says, "That's weird... my GPS said there is a bowling alley here.  I guess we can just go in here instead."  At this point I am so confused!  I thought why would we go in here if there is no bowling.  These were actually the words I was saying to Tim.  But he proceeded to go inside the massage place.  He told the lady, "Do you guys have availability for a couple's massage?" She said "yes" and was a little confused.  Tim said, "wow, that's great!  We'll do a couple's massage."  The lady was so confused, she said, "Sir, you made reservations."  Hilarious!  He was trying to keep playing along for me but the lady was so confused.  I was blown away!  So sweet.  It's always been in my bucket list to do a couple's massage.... check!  I was so surprised.  Before we left our house, I was so concerned I did not forget my socks to go bowling, yet we never made it there! ;)   The massage was AMAZING and perfect after holding a baby all day.

Next we headed to dinner.  As we were turning near the restaurant, he said we have one more stop.  I thought, what could it be?  He pulls into a hotel parking lot.  He reserved us a room away for the night! He somehow packed my bag and everything I needed!!  And arranged for the babysitter to stay over night!  What a man!!  As I was getting ready before we left, I could not find my deodorant... now I know why!  We changed our clothes into "non bowling" attire and headed to a fabulous dinner with great conversation and fabulous wine!

We had a relaxing evening, uninterrupted sleep (no babies waking us up at night!) and I even slept in until 7am.  Loved it!  Breakfast was amazing and then we headed home.

The entire evening I said, "This is the perfect evening" and it truly was.  I am thankful for my thoughtful man who went over and beyond this year for Valentine's Day and did all of this for me.  So sweet!!  I know he loves me so well daily and this was beyond .  Locking the memory in!!


the picture i took, at breakfast in the morning!


1 comment:

tim birdwell said...

that was awesome. we need to plan our august trip.