Friday, November 14, 2008

Beauty (and some random thoughts)

My sister sent me a lot of pictures similar to these representing God’s beauty and creativity. I hate it when I think I am too busy and miss the beauty God has created all around me. I often go back to these pictures and look at them in awe of knowing how beautiful creation is and to think our God is so much more beautiful than this. This phrase from a song makes so much sense to me right now, “the art we make is only a faded reflection of something He has already made”.

I serve a God who gave me life even though I don’t deserve life. I have a personal relationship with Him now and for all eternity and I treat it sometimes like a chore to spend time with Him or give up my fleeting desires for fulfilling desires from God.

I am currently reading a book that talks about how we try to put knowing God into a box and into a formula. God is not a formula to put together or scientific proof to make the world believe with earthly facts. I know I am not articulating this as well and he did, but this really struck a cord with me. He is a God who is BIG, BEAUTIFUL, and MAGNIFICENT!
“For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”
Romans 1:20


I work with kindergarteners and I go crazy sometimes thinking about what is the best way to share Christ with these kids. I don’t want to push God on them and I want them to have a clear understanding of who God is and for them to know God at a young age. God is revealing to me, don’t make it so complicated. This is my hearts desire and He knows I plead with Him for my own child’s soul and these students. He is showing me this is the best place to be, at His feet.
“We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.”
Psalm 78:4


I know these are some random thoughts, but I wanted to share what’s been on my mind lately.



"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -all things were creatd through Him and for Him.
Colossians 1:15,16








"The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord, over many waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty."
Psalm 29: 3,4



"Let the heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones! For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord? Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord, a God greatly to be feared in the counceil of the holy ones, and awesome above all who are around him."
Psalm 89: 5-7

No comments: