Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bun in the Oven!




I am currently 4 months pregnant and can't believe how quickly the time has past by! I am so thankful I did not get sick during my first trimester and was still able to give my students my all. I was completely drained when I got home, but Tim was so gracious with me during those 3 months when no dinner being made and our home was a mess. :)

We are so excited to be parents, but also a little nervous about the responsibility. The 2nd trimester has been great! I have more energy and I am even cooking dinner now. :) We had our 3rd dr. appt this week and heard the heart beat again. It was much stronger this time and louder. Sometimes I think, "Am I really pregnant?" because I am not showing too much, but when I hear the heartbeat, it's like music to my ears. I can't describe the feeling I have when I hear the heart beat. There is a little life inside of me! It's so crazy to think about. I get to be a part of God developing this precious little life.

One of my favorite Psalms is 139 and right now God is constantly bringing me back to this Psalm to show me how He is in control of all things and every little detail of our development physically and spiritually.

Psalm 139:13-17

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!


Not only am I "fearfully and wonderfully made", but so is the sweet baby inside of me. I receive emails from babycenter.com once a week which describes what is developing that week and it's amazing to know each week during the pregnancy is important and vital for the whole development of the baby.

I feel silly sometimes talking to the baby but it's so fun share my heart, dreams, and prayers with my baby. It makes me wonder "What is the baby's personality going to be like", "Is he/she going to be a momma's baby or a daddy's baby?", or "What does God have in store for his/her life?"

It's such an exciting time and I am enjoying every minute of it!

1 comment:

the photoSmith said...

I'm so excited for you guys, having a baby is the coolest thing ever!! congrats!