Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love Him More Everyday


(Picture from our honeymoon! August 2006)

I fall more in love with Tim everyday!

Thinking about my cousin getting married or even when anyone gets married, it makes me reflect on my marriage and what God is teaching me.

Marriage is a beautiful reflection of Christ loving the church. I have learned so much about God's unconditional love, grace, and forgiveness. I am a lucky girl to be married to the man of my dreams. Tim is truly selfless and is a continuous encourager and challenger in my relationship with God. If you spend one day with him, you will know he is not content with just living a life focused on worldly pleasures, but wants to share with others the life-changing truth of Jesus Christ.

Just like any other marriage starting out, we had to get used to living with the opposite sex, figuring out what our roles are, learning how to better communicate, and being completely vulnerable with one another. Now those are some adjustments!! But through talking, praying, fighting, crying, and laughing, we have learned to embrace and love our differences (and smiliarities). We really try to enjoy the simple joys in life and the gift of marriage God has given us. We know our relationship is not about us, but about glorifying God and making us holy.

(Verses read at our wedding)
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
1 John 4:7-12


Our marriage is not by any means perfect or easy all the time, but I can see God refining us through the harder times and this makes the sweet times that much sweeter.

Below are some pictures from our honeymoon in August 2006. Old pictures I know, but when I reminsice on where we were, where we are now, and where God is taking us it makes me cherish these pictures so much more.
Looking at these pictures makes me think of how much I loved him when we first got married and to how much more I love him now.
I fall more in love with him everyday!

Enjoy!



This is us at one of our dinner reservations off the beach. yeah, it was pretty amazing!!



No, this picture does not reflect how excited we were to be married. :) Our marriage has gotten goofier and goofier through the years.



Kisses are great with me! He is such a sweetie.



Is he not the most adorable thing you have every seen!! I love that smile.



I am excited to be known as his!



I don't know how we did it, but we did a great job matching at night for our dinners. We did not coordinate or anything, it was just intuition. We were meant for each other. :)



I love him more with each passing day!

In May we are expecting our first baby girl and we are pumped!! We know the chapter of our lives of just the two of us is over and the journey of starting a family is beginning. We cannot wait to see where the Lord leads us and teaches us in the upcoming months.

No comments: