Friday, April 24, 2009

Great Advice!!

I found this website from my friend Faith's blog. It's filled with fun ideas and creative ways to love your husband and to encourage him.

The below advice was a great reminder for me to pray for Tim and especially during this crazy, busy time in our lives. Tim is finishing up his last semester of seminary (by this coming Monday! Ahh!! :) ), we are having a baby, moving at the end of May to Austin, sort of looking for a job, and helping start a church.

Tim needs me to be lifting him up to the Lord, encouraging him along, and respecting his decision-making.

Lord, help me to be a generous wife!

Below is a little advice from the website.
Sunday April 26, 2009

Pray for your husband's level of busyness. There are always so many things to do. Pray that he would be able to look at his priorities, simplify his life, and keep his life at a reasonable pace.

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.
Hans Hofmann

3 comments:

The Vandevers said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you love Tim and want to uplift him! What a great wife you are!

Kristin said...

Jaya,

I'm not sure you remember me from SFA days (I used to be Kristin Landry). I stumbled on your blog from Linsey Miller Schaffer's. Thought I'd say hello!

Sounds like life is immensely exciting these days! Congrats on the upcoming birth of your baby girl! Having our daughter has been one of the greatest blessings in life, particularly watching my husband be such an incredible father.

I love the "Generous Wife" tip you put on your blog. I signed up to receive the emails :)

Anonymous said...

So cool! I will have to check it out. We'll be praying for you guys with all the new exciting changes that are coming! :)