Thursday, October 14, 2010

17 Months



On October 12th, Neela is officially 17 months old. I can't believe it. I can't believe just a year ago she was barely rolling over, trying out puree food, nursing, and not mobile! This girl has truly stolen my heart and has forever changed my life.

Since she turned a year old, it's been so fun to see her personality develop, and does she have personality! :) She definitely has a soft, gentle, cuddly, girlie side... but she also has a spunky, goofy, want my way or else side! :) All in one little sweet package. She is such a talker and a singer now. She is great at repeating words we say and jsut gets so excited when she says it. She carefully watches our mouth as we say the word and then says it! Amazing! What a quick learner. :) Her favorite songs right now are "Row Row Row your Boat", "The horn on the bus goes BEEP BEEP BEEP", and "ABC". "ABC" she knows the melody and a few letters, she sings BEEP BEEP BEEP, alot, and loves singing "row row row".

Discipline has been a change. I an still reading Sheperding a Child's Heart. Totally have not been consistent lately, but this keeps me accountable to do so. :) She is definitely learning the work "NO". She does not say it as much as we do. We say "No Maam". She does stop sometimes, but there are times when she tests us. So we have started using a wooden spoon and gently hit her on the hand or arm. (the first time I definitely hit her sweet little hand too hard and felt horrible!!) She now sees the spoon when we say "no" and usually immediately stops. I am learning how to parent and discipline her so she does not fear me or does not follow out of fear but out of obedience. I am not completely sure what this looks like, but I know God is leading me in this area. I am so desperate for Him to lead me and as he leads and disciplines me as I disobey and is so gently in leading me back to Him I desire to do the same with Neela. As I write this I can think of daily times I am just too tired and don't lead Neela well. I desperately need God's guidance and wisdom in parenting. I am loving every step of the way.

Tim is so cute, sometimes he comes to me very serious and wants to discuss our strategies and the example we are to Neela. He takes it very serious and loves Neela all the more. He is such a great Dad. He is more knowledge in some areas of parenting than I am. I love that he desires for Neela to know who God, to fall in love with Him daily, to find refuge in Him alone, and know how precious and beautiful she is.

All this to say, I love Neela. I love the gift of children and parenting. It's stretches me in more ways I thought possible, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. God is sweetly drawing me to rely on Him and to dwell on His promises that He is my strength when I am weak. As I seek wisdom, He will give it to me.

Happy 17th month Birthday Baby Girl! Daddy and Mommy love you!

No comments: