Tuesday, October 5, 2010

25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

So I am totally wasting timet tonight on facebook. I ran across this note I did on facebook 2 years ago and enjoying reflecting back. It's one of those "random facts" list about yourself.

Here is the list from 2 years ago:

1. I have been married for 2 ½ years to a loving, gentle, fun lovin man that I simply adore!

2. I am currently 7 months pregnant with a baby girl. We can’t wait! My due date is May 11th.

3. Tim and I are helping start a church with Hill Country Bible church in Austin. We are moving to Austin in May after he graduates from Dallas Theological Seminary.

4. I have this weird fear that if I go to sleep with mascara on that my eye lashes will fall out. Weird I know. I know this can’t happen, but in the back of my mind…

5. I suck at grammar. I have a smart husband that helps me out by proofreading everything I write. (except this )

6. I am currently a kindergarten teacher and love it! I enjoy their innocence, curiosity about the baby, the 100’s of hugs and “I love you” everyday, and seeing their minds full of delight when they are learning new concepts.

7. I love to read, but usually end up falling asleep if it’s at night.

8. I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls. I know people think it’s a weird show, but I love their quick wittiness.

9. I take joy in sending cards, but I don’t do it as often as I would like. I miss the date or get preoccupied with dumb things.

10. I have never been snow skiing and really would like to go someday. But I do love vacations in warm, sunny climates

11. On our honeymoon, I was swallowed several times by a current and had trouble getting out of it. It was scary and hilarious all at the same time. At dinner that night, a guy walked up to our table and said, “I just want to congratulate you for surviving that wave on the beach today! My friends and I were laughing.” I was super embarrassed.

12. I crave, especially now that I am pregnant, Big Macs from MacDonald’s. I know it’s one of the worst foods I can eat, but it sure is yummy. I could probably eat a Big Mac once a week if I didn’t know how bad they are for my health.

13. I love spending 1 on 1 time with girls and just talking and living life together.

14. I have an older sister, Shubhra, who is a First Lieutenant in the Army.

15. I have a younger, Sameer, who is in a band called Flyleaf.

16. One of my favorite books is “Save Kind of Different as Me” by Ron Hall

17. I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes or simple recipes from friends, but I have put that on the back burner since I have been pregnant. I am dead tired after a day with my energetic kindergarteners.

18. I guess I am a pretty predictable gal because my husband can complete my sentences or he knows what I will say or how I will respond when he says something. I get a kick out of it!

19. Tim and I said our own wedding vows, and in my vows I committed to support the Dallas Cowboys because this is a huge passion of Tim’s. This showed Tim I was serious about supporting him and being committed to him. Hee! Hee!

20. I am obsessed with music. It does not have to be anything particular, I just love to move and groove. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is turn the radio on, I get in the car it’s the first thing I do, when I’m getting ready for bed or cleaning our place I have music playing. It truly is an obsession!!

21. My favorite vacation is when Tim and I went to Seattle. We spent a week downtown checking out the sights and being intentional about talking about our marriage, praying together, and just being flat out goofy! My favorite day is when we rented a car and drove to Mount Rainer. Breath-taking! We spent the day hiking and enjoying God’s creation.

22. My number one passion in life is to know God, be obedient to His leading, and my life to reflect His glory.

23. My car is a 1996 Geo Prism and it has 311,000 miles on it! And it’s still going strong with no problems! Thank God!!

24. My favorite book of the bible is Ephesians.

25. I hope you enjoyed a few random facts about me!!

No comments: