Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday!

What a special moment. It's funny because when N turned 1 year old it was anticipated, planned, and momentous. N turning 2 years old has been all that plus... a bit of a surprise. What I mean is, it came way too fast. She was such a fun 1 year old full of joy, personality, and a learning sponge. To see her invitation from her 1st year b-day party to her 2nd year birthday party invitation, she is so big! My baby girl is no longer a baby, but a big toddler/kid. She talks in full sentences, wants to do everything on her own (and can actually do a few things by herself, and is our personal repeating parrot.

So thankful for our time with her and we cherish every moment. She is definitely starting to test her independence and we are seeing her rebellious heart because we can relate to it perfectly. It's funny how so many ways I can relate specificially to her not trusting us as her parents who have her best interest and love her so much. Man, so many times this is how I respond to God. I am not saying it's right, I am just stating where my heart is sometimes and I have to fix my eyes on Him and not on things of this world. I pray often for God to be glorified in me in my weaknesses to Neela. She would see us daily putting our trust in the Lord's faithful hands to lead us, strengthen us in Him, and to share his love with her and others around us.

She is our bundle of joy and I cannot wait what this year holds for us. We enjoyed celebrating her birthday yesterday. I had planned a fun filled day of outdoor activities such as a playground, swimming, and going to Kiddie Acres, but due to the pouring down rain, we spent most of the day inside. :) We started the morning as a family at Chick fil a for a fun breakfast out. Well, she did not eat very much, but did play hard on the playground. :) Then her and I came home and read a few books, did a few puzzles, and colored. We then ate lunch, she napped, and then picked up her new table from Nana and Nani. We spent the evening at Gattiland with Nana and Nani eating pizza and playing games. She LOVED it! She could play alot of games, but she loved the Jarassic Park game with the gun. Weird I know, but she was fascinated. ;0

What a fun, memorable day. We love being her Daddy and Mommy and are soaking in every moment.




Here are a few pics from my sister's camera:


Our special birthday girl with her cupcake!


Sugar table!



Playing the music game.


Playing pin the flower on Dora. Neela was the only kid who could do this game without the blindfold due to her being the birthday girl. (also she didn't quite get the game. :) )



You can't quite see the table, but this is the beautiful table and chairs from my parents. Neela loves this!


With her cousin Sanjay. She loves spending time with them.




Happy 2nd Birthday to our sweet baby girl! We love you so much!

No comments: