Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The One You Need



This song is from the new Shane and Shane cd. Yes, it is the song everyone has been so excited about. :) We bought the cd last week and totally love it.

When I was telling Tim how much I love this song, he put his arm around me, leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "You are such a cheese ball." :) All in sweet fun. And yes, he is right. I am a little on the sentimental side of life, but we both agree this song is the prayer of our heart for Neela.

So often we try to be her everything, her rescuer when she is sick or hurt, her provider when she is in need, or even her safe place of love. Yes, tangibly we get to be this in her life because God has entrusted her to us for this time. Man, but we know we are not her ultimate place for these things, it's in God.

I love how the words say He is our Hero and He can be her Hero too.

Sweet moment tonight: I always ask her if she wants to pray or if she wants me to pray. She wanted to pray tonight. She said, "Thank you Jesus for loving ME" Yes this is what I say when I pray with her, but it's so sweet to hear her say this. I pray someday she will know the significance of those words.

Extra info: My favorite phrase this week: "Mommy, I want to hold you."

2 comments:

The Sudan Fam said...

I just heard the song a couple days ago Jaya. Loved it! Alex liked it too.

Birdwells said...

Yeah, it's such a sweet daddy/daughter song. Give sweet Hallie a hug from the Birdwells!