Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby #2

We are so excited to announce Baby Birdwell #2 coming in July!! We could not be more excited! What a precious gift from the Lord.

So often I can doubt God's timing, but this gift growing in me is His perfect timing and gift. A few months ago we found out we had a miscarriage and this news was devastating. We mourned, rested in truth and were given peace that surpasses all understanding. Then come to find out, another baby started growing in my tummy the following week after the miscarriage. What!?! Really!! It's hard to doubt God's timing in this and we are so thankful He has been so generous to us. A word to describe this season of life is grateful. Grateful for His grace and everlasting love, grateful He gives us such gifts as babies, and grateful for eyes to see and rejoice in a God who draws us to Him to abide in His love.

We continue to pray for this baby to grow healthy and for us to rest in God's promises. Neela is so excited. I can't hold her right now due to my back so she will run up and hug me and say, "You cant hold me because you have a baby in your tummy." The other day we were walking to the park and Neela was carrying her baby doll and said, "Mommy, I can hold my baby because I don't have a baby in my tummy." So adorable! She often comes up to me, gives me a hug, touches my stomach, and says, "Aww, baby." These are just a few of the ways she is learning about her new sibling. She is going to be a great big sister. She is so gentle with babies and a loving helper.

No comments: