Sunday, April 27, 2014

Portland Birthday

Birthday

My birthday this year was sweet and fun.  It's funny the older you get, the more my birthdays are a reminder that I am getting older.  Not that I am old, but my birthday this year reminded me that I am not getting any younger. 

The day started with my husband taking my daughter to school and leaving me to myself the entire morning.  What!?! I don't remember the last time I layed in bed watching tv in the morning. Seriously, I don't remember.  

When he got home, he brought a beautiful chocolate cake from a local bakery, the sweetest card and a birthday gift.  After they sang me Happy Birthday and I opened my gift, Tim and I chatted literally for a minute and look over at my one year old son and he had scraped the icing on top and had eaten it/all over his mouth.  Seriously, it was the cutest. We ate lunch and then went hiking at Bridal Veil Falls. Such a beautiful, easy hike for the kids and a breath taking waterfall at the end.  Loved it.  Being in Portland has reminded me how much I love hiking.  I love to be outdoors enjoying God's creation.  

After the hike, we came home and got ready for a hot date with my man.  Nothing better than to end with a date.  We ate at The Parish.  It's a fun Lousiana food restaurant with  a fun saloon feel.  

My birthday was the first birthday celebrated in Portland and we celebrated well. 

Here are a few pictures from the day. 

No comments: