Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's been awhile....

Wow, so much has happened in my life since I last blogged:
- We have moved across the country again to Phoenix, AZ
- The church we moved to Phoenix with no longer exist and we have planted Phoenix Bible Church
- We are expecting our third child!

Sounds so easy to recap these major life events, but there are so many details that will be shared at a  later time.

I wish I could say it's been an easy, smooth transition, but that would not be accurate in describing my heart these past few month. There have been joys, laughs, tears, and sorrow along the way and the Lord has been faithful and so gracious every step of this journey.  I am thankful the Lord has given me such a strong, steady man.  The Lord has given him strength and wisdom beyond me and I am so grateful.  Our kids have been champs.  Their love for life and just being together will be stored away in my heart.  They keep us light hearted and laughing daily.

At Phoenix Bible Church, our ladies just completed our study Restless by Jennie Allen. I read the book a few months ago and doing the study was just icing on the cake.  If you have not read the book or have completed the study I highly recommend it.  We studied the life of Joesph and how the Lord uses every thread in our lives, good or bad, to sanctify us and to use our experiences and gifts for His glory.  Hebrews 12 tells us to "run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith..." which the Lord brings to my heart and mind often. We so often look to our left and right and compare our race to someone elses and are held back with fear knowing our race is not where someone elses is and therefore we don't walk in the gifts and freedom the Lord desires for us.  I am thankful for the passions and the gifts the Lord has given me and he is teaching me how to utilize them in this season of life with 2 little ones and a baby on the way.  I want my life to ultimately glorify Jesus. Being a wife, a mama, and a church planter's wife brings me to my knees daily recognizing my complete dependence utter on the Lord.

Through this season another truth the Lord continues to remind me of is Hebrews 6:10, "For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do." I am grateful to participate in God's big story.  I am grateful my everyday life has purpose and it's ultimately to be a light for God in this dark world. I am grateful to know as I obey the Lord's calling on my life, he gives me new mercies everyday and He is my strength when I am weak.

I am working on being more consist with blogging and living out a joy and passion the Lord has given me.  I am not the greatest writer or that even that great at grammar (;)) but I will live out a passion the Lord has laid on my heart in this season.

I'm a working progress and if anyone has met me or knows me at all, can clearly see that.  But I also hope the Lord is being most glorified through it all and ultimately others will know our Lord as a good, steadfast, loving God.

No comments: