Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Never published this from 2013: Books of 2013

So I honestly was not as organized this year with writing down all the books I read in 2013, but here are some I do and thoroughly enjoyed.

I think it's obvious as you read the book titles, but God was stirring in my heart specific areas to grow in.

The Church Planter's Wife by Christine Hoover. Love love love.  Serious cannot say enough about this book.  It's a book which is unique to churching planting. At the time, it met me right where I was and spoke truth to my heart.  The most important take away from this book was to be in tune with where my heart is and to be vulnerable to share where I am, what God is teaching me, and my dependence is on the Lord.

Growing Strong Daughters by Lisa Graham McMimm. Loved this book as well.  It s a short, simple read, but full of great wisdom. It was a strong reminder of teaching our daughters they are made in the image of Christ. As a mom, I need to think through the process of character and the importance of sports because it teaches our daughters that their body is more than looks, God created it for function.  For example, sports.

So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.  I actually didn't write notes when I read this but I totally recommend it!

No comments: