Monday, July 14, 2008

Big Mac Lover



I have had the past two weeks off work and it's been terrific! Yesterday was my last day off work and I really wanted to end my vacation with a bang so I decided to get a big mac meal from McDonald's.

It's a weird and disturbing thrill of mine, but I love big macs and would eat them everyday if I didn't know it would kill me quickly. We try not to eat out, but when we do Tim does not want to go to McDonald's. So this was a treat for me. :)

I went online to see the nutritional facts for a big mac and found some very disturbing news about the big mac meal. Sad to say, this will not stop me from eating big macs but will keep me aware of what I am putting in my body.

These are the ingredients which complete the Big Mac
Big Mac:
100% Beef Patty, Big Mac Bun, Pasteurized Process American Cheese, Big Mac Sauce, Lettuce, Pickle Slices, Onions

These are the nutritional value of the Big Mac:
Serving Size: 7.5 oz (214 grams)
Calories: 540
Calories from Fat: 260
Total Fat (g): 29
% Daily Value: 45
Saturated Fat (g): 10
% Daily Value: 51
Trans Fat: (g): 1.5
Cholesterol (mg): 75
% Daily Value: 25
Carbohydrates (g): 45
% Daily Value: 43
Dietary Fiber (g): 3
% Daily Value: 13
Sugars (g): 9

Protein (g): 25
Vitamin A: 6
Vitamin C: 2
Calcium: 25
Iron: 25


Now I am not a health buff, but these are not healthy numbers. Just some information for your next McDonald's visit.

If you are a Big Mac Lover let me know, we can catch lunch or dinner sometime! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love big macs.

i skipped over the nutritional information because i'd like to continue being one.

love always,
allison parkhurst