Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Thee Wed

Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary is coming up this week and it just makes me reflect back on the past two years.

I LOVE being married!!

God has taught me so much about who He is and has deepen my understanding of what Christ loving the Church looks like. We truly enjoy the simple joys in our lives and embrace our time together. It's hard at times for me to be transparent with the good, bad, and ugly in my lives, but it's comforting and sweet to do this with my best friend. I have an incredible man that I love so much!

More thoughts on our marriage to come!

Below are our wedding vows. Enjoy!




Tim, I stand before you today in front of family, friends, and the presence of God proclaiming my deep love and commitment to you.

I commit to LOVE you unconditionally and selflessly with all my heart and with a Christ-like love. I will pray for you daily, take care of you when you are sick, and create a warm home for us.

I commit to HONOR and CHERISH you all the days of my life. I will support you with all my heart and actions in every decision. I am and will continue to be your biggest fan. I will even support the Dallas Cowboys. I will constantly remind you how amazing you are and how handsome you are.

I commit to RESPECT you with a heart of reverence. I will respect the position God has given you and I will be a suitable helper.

I commit to FOLLOW you wholeheartedly and cherish you with all my heart, knowing you are being obedient to the Lord’s leading. I will follow your leading in this relationship and honor your decisions. I will build you up and make you my first family.

I commit to do all these things for the rest of our lives.





Jaya, I stand before you today in front of family, friends, and the presence of God proclaiming my deep love and commitment to you.

I commit to LOVE you without condition, making sure daily that you know there is nothing you could every do to make me love you any less than I do at this very moment right now.

I commit to LEAD our home in a complete trust in God, resting in His divine wisdom and purpose for our lives.
I commit to take care of you when you are sick and not feeling well and when your tummy hurts.

I commit to COMFORT you in your times of trials and conflict

Lastly, I commit to CHALLENGE you to never settle or be satisfied with the fleeting pleasures of this world, but to always seek to experience the eternal joy of knowing God and making Him known.

I commit to do all these things for the rest of our lives.

No comments: