Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!

My mother celebrated her 60th birthday on July 5th. What a sweet, fab mother I have. I am so thankful for the example she is to me of being a mother.

I was just talking to Tim the other day about my childhood. Don't get me wrong, my parents are not perfect, but they did try to be Godly, loving parents and I am so thankful. I remember coming home from school daily and my mom always had a snack out for us on the table. I'm not talking about just chips from a bag or something pre-packaged. I'm talkin about rice krispy treats, or full sandwiches, a fruit or veggie tray, etc. We did not go hungry in our home. :) And the cool part was, we were always welcome to invite any and as many friends over as we wanted. My parents loved having people over, letting them stay as long as they wanted, and eating as much as they wanted.:)

Also, we had bible study/prayer time as a family. I was not a big fan of it as a kid because it would be late or I would just be tire or just not interested, but God was working. I was shown so much scripture. And we sang hymns that to this day when I hear "Old Rugged Cross", "What a friend we have in Jesus" or I'll fly away" I am always taken back to this time.

Thanks for being a fab mom! love you!








No comments: