Sunday, August 29, 2010

Virginia Trip

At the beginning of July two of my really close college friends, Lisa and Diana, and I went to go visit our close friend Faith in Virginia. She has lived in Virgina almost 2 yrs now and we had yet to visit her, so we took a trip. We had a great time of touring Charlottesville, Virginia, hiking, wine tasting at the vineyards, and touring Washington. All in all, a good trip. :)

It was my first time to be away from Neela for 5 days! It was really hard, but good for me in the end. I was able to let loose a little, spend quality time with friends, and get a little extra reading in. :) But I was definitely ready to be back home with my little girl and my man.



Virginia is full of beautiful vineyards! We went wine tasting to 3 different vineyards. It was so fun! Of course Faith, the preggo girl, was unable to participate. :) We did wine tasting at Jefferson's vineyard, Dave Matthew's vineyard, and a really nice place that served their wine like this:




We had a fun hike at the Shenandoah National Park. It was so beautiful! We were attempting to hike to a waterfall, but it turns out the waterfall went dry. :( but we had a great workout!



See all the beauty behind me!


As beautiful as Virginia is, Texas still has bigger desserts. :)

The last day we toured Washington and stayed the night there. I am not a huge history buff, but I really enjoyed all the history found in Washington. It makes me proud to be an American. :)

Here are a few pics:






No comments: