Thursday, January 12, 2012

James

I've been reading through the book of James and as always god is stirring my heart ot know Him more, reveal sin in my heart, and repent of my selfish desires.

James 1:12,13 " 12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment." So often I think I don't judge others or think of myself better than others. The true state of my heart is I do. It's not an over arking loud judgement but quiet. Thoughts of "Did they really wear that?" "Did they just say that?" "Can't believe they struggle with that?" "Can't beleive that they do that in their marriage"... and so on. but of couse, that's me judging from my standard and what type of standard is that- a sinful, faultful standard. Thankful God is righteous and perfect. Gracious and merciful to his children. I am thankful the Lord is not letting me sit in sin and is bringing it to the surface. When this happens, I experience true freedom in Christ from guilt, shame, not meeting man's standard and approval.

Lord, continue to chisel away at my heart. Draw me to your love and truth that I may rejoice in your holy and precious name alone.

No comments: