Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bloomin 4 Mile Run...

This past Saturday Tim and I pumped ourselves up and ran a 4 mile run called the Bloomin 4 Mile at White Rock Lake. We had a blast! We arrived at White Rock Lake a few minutes early and registered, stretched, and made a new friend before we started the run. Those things alone are an exciting start to a Saturday morning!!

When we started the race I was a little over ambitous and I started out at a quicker pace than I normally run. I would wave for Tim to speed up and he would give me this look saying "You are crazy" but would continue to run at this crazy pace. Tim knew we did not run this pace on a regular basis and with the sun was blazing down on our skin would make this a challenging pace, but the sweet husband that he is saw the hopefullness in my eyes and ran the faster pace.

Well, all this to say, we did complete the race, but I did stop for a breather because I just couldn't make it. (or was being lazy and would not push myself that hard or started out too fast) Tim ran the entire run with no stops. Yay for Tim!!

After the run, The Dallas Running Club, provided bananas, watermelon, and a drink similar to gatorade called Accelerate. I love watermelon and had about 5 pieces! Mmm Mmm Good!! Tim had self control and only had 2 pieces.

Here are a few pictures after the run...

Tim's "Conquered the Race" pose!

My "Tried to Conquer the Race" pose!

Our free Dallas Running Club t-shirts!

We had a great time and love doing these races. We are never near placing, but it's a good challenge and a great way to meet people in the community. By 10am we had our exercise, breakfast, and exploring time in the community. (after the race we made a quick stop at a pet store so Tim could see if there was a basset hound we could play with.)

No comments: