Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Broken and Contrite Heart God Will Not Despise

When I am at work, throughout the day I go to a website called www.desiringgod.org to read sermons and the break down of scripture from this man. I know I know, I should probably stay better focused at work, but it's nice to have a break to read and meditate on scripture. :)

I recently have been reading his breakdown on Psalm 51. I just keep coming back to it. I love reading about how David responded to his sin and me recongizing the same transformation we all go through when we are broken about specific sins in our lives (because we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God) and repent of these sins so God can give us a clean heart. Through understanding the seriousness of his sinfulness, he recognized the fullness of God's steadfast love, mercy, and forgiveness.

David's Response to His Sin:
1. He Turns to God
2. He Prays for Cleansing
3. He Confesses the Seriousness of His Sin
4. He Pleads for Renewal

Here is the link for you to enjoy Psalm 51:
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByScripture/1/2832_A_Broken_and_Contrite_Heart_God_Will_Not_Despise/

"For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51: 16, 17

No comments: