Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankful Day 1- Family


I've been inspired by last month's 31 day challenge in which people wrote a blog everyday for the month of October. I decided I am going to write a blog everyday in the month if November. I hope I'm up for the challenge! The theme of this month's blogs will be what I am thankful for. I know this will be good for my heart this month as we celebrate Thanksgiving and all the joy to be had. :)

Today I am thankful for my family. I love living life with them and getting to love on their hearts. Are there crazy moments of crying babies and never ending diaper changes and I feel like my patience is so thin? Of course! But my husband and kiddos are a GIFT from The Lord.

I get to love them in a way that no one else can. I know what encourages their hearts and speaks life in moments of sadness or doubt. I know listening to my husband process his thoughts speaks life to him. To joke about the craziness of young kid life makes it fun for us. I know if in the middle of a quite moment, if I stand up and start singing loud and dancing my 4 year old's face lights up and she is asking me to hold her in my arms and spin her around. I know my 1 year old loves hugs, my full attention and snuggle time. He loves to scream out and if we take turns screaming out he is smiling ear to ear.

Today I will choose to love them well. I can only do this through the Holy Spirit and because God loved me first, I know what love is from my Heavenly Father. 1 John 4:7-12:


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

May my heart rest today in knowing I know what love is.  I experience deep communion with my Heavenly Father who's love compels me to love others as He loves me. I yearn to walk in this true of knowing I have life everlasting because of Him and have the ability to love others in this way.



No comments: