Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankful Day 2- Abide

This is such a strong word: ABIDE.

Abide means to wait for, to remain stable or fixed in a state. 


This word has consumed me over the last few weeks. As I rise in the morning, go about my daily routine and fix my eyes on The Lord for daily strength and wisdom for the day. We all abide In something On adaily basis. Some of us it is the approval of our boss or friends, our newest hobby we are trying to perfect or even a place of escape. 


For me, I can abide in my routine. I like to wake up and have "me" time in the morning,  have breakfast half prepared, and dressed for the day. Does this happen on a daily basis, no. I have young ones who like to wake up in the middle of the night, who like to sleep with us, who need something to drink in the middle of the night, or just cry out in their sleep which wakes up this light sleeper mama. :) 


1 John reminds my heart of abiding in Christ."whoever says he abides in Him ought to walk in the Same way in which he walked." 1 John 1:6

"Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling" 1 John 2:10

"And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." 1 John 2:17

"Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father." 1 John 2:24



I'm learning to rest in The Lord. Drink Him in and not abide in things of this world which are fleeting. Life is constantly changing around me but the only constant, stable foundation is the Lord.  He is always my place to rest, to drink of, my peace and refuge, and person of clarity. 


I'm thankful for the privilege of abiding in Him.  He reveals himself through His Word (the bible) and I get to know Him.  Rest in his promises that He will never leave me or forsake me.  He will calm the storm.  His love is steadfast. He has made me a new creation.  I can rest in knowing He has gone before me and knows the number of my days. He is trustworthy and worthy of all my praise.  My heart is thankful.

No comments: