Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Day 7- Children



I am thank for my children.  Children are a gift from the Lord.  It’s true. 

Psalm 127:3-5
"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
 offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
 are children born in one’s youth. 
Blessed is the man
 whose quiver is full of them."

My kids are such a joy and I have the privilege at this time in my life to stay home with them.  Each day is an adventure full of barbies, crafts, letters and numbers, care bears, blocks, picnics, cars, and so much more! Jealous I know. J

My four year old is my tender hearted, compassionate, silly when no one is looking, has a love for learning kind of gal.  She is inquisitive and often brings me to tears with the questions she will ask me.  Questions about our family, friends, God, herself, and super heroes and princesses of course. Never a dull moment. 

My one year old is a fun lovin, interactive, stare you down, ball of energy.  He is very much go with the flow just have snacks for him and his pacie and he is good to go.  He loves balls, exploring and pooping in his diaper. J Again, never a dull moment.

We moved to Portland two and half months ago and it was a big transition.  I was nervous for the transition for our children but they have champs!  Of course, my four year old ask dozens of questions, even now, but have embraced our new city and we are settled in.  I know this is the Lord’s doing.  It’s funny when I worry so much about things I really have no control over and realized how much energy I wasted.  The Lord has gone before us and knows what will happen.  He is taking care of us and is our place of refuge.

The other day my four year old said, “Mommy, I’m going to look out the window while we are driving in Portland because I don’t want to forget what Portland looks like.”  Who says that!?! She is constantly process things and I’m always amazed with what comes out of her mouth. 

The Lord reveals to me daily the need I have for him to give the the strength and wisdom to parent and love my children well.  He is so faithful and equips me for every good work.

Today, I am thankful for my children. 

No comments: