Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankful Day 3- Coffee



Oh Coffee.  I was never a coffee drinker until about a year and half ago.  It's not always a must but I enjoy waking up in the morning and having coffee as I read or just having something hot as I go about my morning.

Today has been a must needed coffee morning.  Today daylights savings and we gained an hour!  Whoo hoo!!  Yay!  So typically this means you gain an hour of sleep, or it can mean your children choose to wake up an hour early and the clocks rolled back.  My daughter woke up at 5am and her first question to me as I am coming out of a deep sleep is "Can you play with me?" Sweet right? Yes, it is so sweet but also a quick realization how my heart was frustrated.  Frustrated to be woken up so early and not to mention I chose to wake up at 3am to see Tim off as he was driving to Seattle to meet with Mark and the other residents and had no idea was the rest of my early morning would look like.  So needless to say, I did not sleep much last night but did enjoy a tasty cup of hot joe and care bear play time with my girl.  Children are a gift from the Lord whether it is sleepFULL or sleepLESS nights they are little people we have the privilege of pointing to the Lord in the mist of our tired or full rested selves.

May I choose to walk in the spirit today and know the privilege I have to walk in relationship with my Savior.  I once was lost but I am now found  I am a new creation in the Lord and get to walk in newness of life. I get to serve Him through loving on my children and sharing who He is in my life even if I'm sleepy. :) My heart needed to be reminded of this.

And I am thankful the Lord gives us little gifts like coffee. :)





No comments: