Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful Day 6- Tim



I am thankful for Tim.  After the Lord, he is my closest friend.  We have experienced so much life together and there is no one more I enjoy spending time with.  I am so thankful for the privilege to live life together with him.

Wow, we have lived in four cities, 4 cars, 2 pets, 6 homes, planted a church, started and sold a business, bought and sold our first home and 2 little nuggets later here we are.

He brings so much joy to my life.  He enjoys being silly and the kids love it! He is definitely known as the “fun parent” because of his adventurous side and the kids jumping on his back.  Not only for the kids but he also brings out the silly side of me and if I’m getting all wrapped up in the details of do I have enough snacks, diapers, wipes, drinks, possibly pacie, etc., he stops me from my mind exploding and keeps me in the moment.

He is full of integrity.  This was one of the first qualities I noticed about him even before we started dating and this has not changed.  What you see is what you get.  He does not try to be something he is not.  Yes, he is a learner and a processor, but he tells it to you straight and does not hide things of where is heart currently is.  He is honest and will do his best to be as accurate as possible. Throughout our marriage, I can honestly say he tries to always be honest with me even about hard things.  He’s not one to act like something never happened. 

He loves me well.  Regardless of my response sometime, he loves me well.  He will put me before himself and know what’s important to me.  This speaks volumes to my heart.  Of course he is awesome with the kiddos.  They never have to question for a second and they are showered with Daddy hugs daily.

This year we have had the privilege of visiting different states in the US and it’s so fun to experience these new adventures together.  We know each other so well which makes it easy to travel, make crazy plans on trips, and just hold hands as we experience new adventures together.  Truly this is a gift from the Lord.

Also, being parents together and discovering all the joys of parenting has been an adventure. We may have different approaches at times, but the end result desired is the same and we are like minded in wanting our children to see God in the mist of our parenting and disciplining and so this keeps us unified and seeking the Lord for salvation for our children.

Those are just a few of the many qualities I LOVE about my best friend.  I love how he points my heart to the Lord and to drink of him and know the Lord will be the only one who will satisfy my every need.  

No comments: