Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful Day 9- Hoyt Arboretum


I love all the beautiful hiking trails here in Portland.  Honestly, you can walk anywhere here and enjoy the beauty of creation surrounding you.  Today we discovered Hoyt Arboretum. Wow, trails between streams, red wood trees, fir trees, and all sorts of coloring mushrooms.  I climbed a fir tree super high because it was so easy to climb almost to the top of the tree.  My daughter enjoyed exploring, singing loudly, and dancing her own jig.  My 1 year old loved walking around screaming and staring at everyone who walked by.  The hubby of course taking it all in and thankful for our time in Portland.

I'm thankful for the ability to teach our kids to enjoy the beauty of the Lord that physically surrounds us on a daily basis.  In our culture, we are so quick to think we need games, ipads, toys, and man made entertainment for our children at all times.  Yes, these things are gifts from the Lord but He is our greatest gift and His never ending beauty surrounds us. I am thankful for the opportunity to do this in such a beautiful place like Portland.

I am thankful for  a day of hiking with my family at Hoyt Arboretum.


No comments: